ART
Stage 2 of our clay exploration continues.
Mia and Lulu discovered that the more water they apply to their clay, the more pliable it becomes. Mia began dunking her clay directly into the water dish. Like I talked about last week, we are avoiding the temptation to interrupt their research to give direction about how much water to use. This is all part of the process.


At this early stage, we encourage children to see any sculptural work they do as temporary, not something to save or take home. This will strengthen the disposition to "mess around" and focus on the process more than product. As children grow into this, they become more relaxed with an art medium. This leaves space for an idea to take form, and children become more comfy with revisiting and revising earlier work.


Light table continues to be a great discovery tool.
Will do a new exploration on it next week. Couldn't get to it this week with all the other fun.

Lulu and Mia doing clay exploration.
Damon pretend playing with the groceries.
Ms. Kellyann documenting.




Conversing


Representational Painting
"It's the number OCHO!", says Corbin.

Corbin's Artful Hands
Self Applied

Damon loves to pretend play

And he brought muffins to share this week.
They were delicious and the children devoured them during snack.


Practical Life
Mia and Lulu helping set the table

Damon and Sophia relaxing.

Yoga Snippets

Bridge Pose

Happy Baby Pose


The children love Ms. Kellyann.
It's great having an assistant because we can often break into small groups as the children want it.


Next week, we'll begin our focus on Seeds! We'll plant our spring garden too!
P.S.
Sooooo...
I viewed the *perfect* property this week. There is some punch work that needs to be done and here's hoping that it will work out. We also have to run a P&L report to see if it's a financially viable option since it will only house a small group of children (which is TOTALLY what I want, but the lease is a bit higher than I'm comfortable with). I am trying not to get my hopes up in case is doesn't work out. Don't want to get my passion zapped, ya know. It's also for sale, price recently dropped from $580K to $500K. Still a bit above the budget.
But, did I mention it's ADORABLE??
It has Terra Luz written all over it! It's a historical building with CHARACTER.
1 comment:
what a fun week! can i come over and play?
I LOVE the pic of corbins hand all painted and dripping - what a cool image.
Post a Comment