3.11.2009

Learning Science Through Playful Opportunities

Finally able to catch up from last week's highlights. In order to better organize my time, I'm going to be posting 1-2 times (max) per week here since I want to be able to devote more time to the children's portfolios and learning stories. Even with Kellyann assisting, the portfolios have proved to be more time consuming than anticipated, however, I feel they, as well as the learning stories, are very important. And believe me, you will love them. =)

Some snippets from last week. I have photos from the T/TH group, however, I cannot find where I placed the photos on my computer! The hubby upgraded my computer, so everything is basically new and all my files were moved to my external hard drive, yet, I can't find the photos from that day. And I'm sure that was WAY more information than you needed. Heh!

Shaving Cream Exploration

IMG_2115

The children dispensed their own shaving cream and we encouraged them to get as much as they wanted!
They drew designs and boy did they love getting messy.

We added colored water to our shaving cream and watched it transform colors. Science at work here.

IMG_2125

IMG_2134

Ms. Kellyann also joins in on the fun.
IMG_2145

After exploring with her hands, Mia decided she wanted more of a full body exploration, so she took it to the next step. Literally.

IMG_2149

IMG_2158

Oh, and whatcha think of the new banner?

I couldn't remember for the life of me, how I created the previous banner, so I had to start over. I'm no graphic designer (I can't figure out how to get rid of the box that surrounds the banner) but thought these images gave a good representation of our program
.

4 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

LOL! LOVE LOVE LOVE Mia exploring with her feet! Thank you for capturing that, and all the other moments you do. We truly enjoy peeking into her day :)

We're looking forward to checking out Mia's portfolio :)
LOVE the new banner!

Victoria said...

Love the banner and LOVE the shaving cream exploration. Isabel would have loved that!

krista said...

friend,
LOVE the new banner!!! also, shaving cream is great with the light table--i like to offer liquid water color and eye droppers, as well...
xo,
krista

Debbie L. said...

WOW, these kids are getting such GREAT experiences! Andrea, your creativity "ripple-effects" to the children -- the creativity you are exposing them to is priceless. Some are teachers and others are Teachers. You are a Teacher. Nice work mama.