11.09.2009

Recently, at Terra Luz (Krista)

Scenes from the Classroom:
Tea Time:
Alaira: "I drink tea when I have coughs and hiccups."
Mia: "Here everyone, would you like a lot of tea for your good body?"
Jalie: "I sometimes like to dip just a little something sweet into my tea, and that's what my body needs."

Dramatic Play:
Ava, putting on one of the white bonnets: "I'm dressing up as somebody else's grandma."
Alaira: "I'm not old, I still young...it's not fun to be old."

On Halloween:
Jalie: "My nan was a stick in the mud for Halloween."
Anika: "This is true...we have REAL CANDY in our house right now!"

Atticus and Jason using the cylinder shaped blocks as rhythm sticks and imitating Andrea when she leads our welcoming songs.

Outside:
The children have been exploring light and shadow together, they chase each other's shadows and practice yoga poses, marveling at how looooooong their shadows are.

Jason, standing on one of the beautiful tree stump stools, blowing into one of the sea shells as if it were a conch shell. He looked so centered and regal...

Alaira and Ava sitting on the patio, arm in arm. Ava had just shared how she was missing Sophia. Alaira:"I know that you really love Sophia. She's having fun, but she be back to you."

Our Yoga Practice:
Princess, Dancer, Tree, Talking Turtle (in connection with our Spanish language study, we pop our heads up and say, "Hola' & "Adios"), Silly to Calm, Helicopter Breathing, Horse, Donkey, Seaweed Breathing, Take 5 Breath.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh goodness, I love this. The Halloween comments are priceless! I will never get tired of hearing the conversations they have.

smoykim said...

Aww, thanks for sharing Jason's commune with nature moment. :)

Nicola said...

Hilarious! Never realized how much our "stick in the mud" comment (directed toward friends/family who didn't wear H'ween costumes) would stick...in the brain.

iMother2.0 said...

fabulous! thanks for the smile :)

Val Daubert said...

Ah-ha, this explain why Natalie all of a sudden loves looking at our shadows in the late afternoon. Thank you! :-)