12.03.2009

Recently, at Terra Luz (Krista)

Scenes from the Classroom
Literacy:
Alaira, after we finished reading our 3rd book of the hour: "If I had it my way, I would just read and read books."

After reading We're going on a Bear Hunt, Jalie commented: "At home we hunt lots of things. Usually we go on a moon hunt, but we couldn't find it so we decided it must have forgotten to come out!"

Blocks:
Mia: "I'm building a bridge, and here's the cow. She likes it up here because she can see her mama from up here."
Jalie: "This was a tower, but now it's a silo for the cow in this park."

Dramatic Play:
Alaira to Allie: "I getting married today."
Allie: "To who?"
Damon: "Not ME!"

Alaira: "People fall in love and then they put a cape on their head and get married."
Allie: "Yep, they do that."

Scenes from the Naproom:
We've started a trend at nap time. I make the children into sandwiches. I thought that you might want to know about it , since it's a pretty popular naptime ritual.

First we put down one freshly baked slice of bread ( the nap mat) and then we put in the 'ingredients' (the child and whatever they've brought to sleep with), and finally we put on the top slice of bread (their blanket). And then I say, " Sleep tight little mayonnaise, cashew butter, green bean, popcorn sandwich (or whatever they're pretending to be)--I love you."

Here is a list of the most popular ingredients:
mayonnaise
yellow cheese
white cheese
cashew butter
green beans
popcorn
jelly
corn
sun spread
avocado
cereal
chocolate
grapes

Scenes from Outside:
Ryland, sitting back to review his sidewalk chalk creation: "This is a masterpiece!"

Mia S. and I doing partner tree pose together on one of the toad stool seats.

Mia S. in the sandbox: "Mommy and I went to the Domain but there were too many people there and we couldn't park so we went away."
Ava, placing a kind hand on her shoulder: "Parking is tough sometimes!"


6 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

parking IS tough sometimes! sooo much empathy and creativity. love to read all their conversations. they are so sure in what they say. what a beautiful world this is with these children in it :)

Nicola said...

Wow, I am completely addicted to these updates with the quotes. Love it!!!! They are all so dear.

iMother2.0 said...

p.s. we do the sandwich thing at night over here. it's another fun thing to add to bedtime

ckessel01 said...

Ohhhhhh, OK. I'm getting the whole "I wanna be a SANDWICH" thing at bedtime. OK. Yeah. Thanks, Krista!! He he...

Dawn K. Gibson, LCSW said...

So I laughed out loud at the wedding discussion! Very cute. Thank you for taking the time to share, Krista.

The O'Connor Family said...

I thought McKenna was the only one who married everything... guess it's a preschool girl thing!!!