Families, we have something that looks promising! I'm shocked, that in one week, we were able to find something that's available. My realtor and I viewed two properties today, one was scary, but the other, I have a GREAT feeling about! We both do.
Oh and even the landlord's broker mentioned we would need to file for a permit to change the use to childcare (which is what the last property's landlord and broker insisted we didn't need, and tried to make us look like the bad guys for "bringing up issues that don't exist"). Anyway, this broker said that process takes between 2 days to 2 weeks. It also helps that the broker representing the landlord knows what he's talking about! So far, from what we can tell, the landlord is reasonable. We're waiting on the paperwork to come over with the exact square footage of the current layout, and lease figures, but here are some details.
Standalone building (nothing exciting, but we can make it work!), zoned LO (and more), 2700 sq ft, lots of natural light, 2 restrooms, kitchenette, walls aren't load bearing, which means we can change the rooms if needed, corner lot with great parking, reasonable rent, North Central Austin, off Burnet (don't fret northies, it's only 12 miles from my house, took me only 15min in morning traffic). Prime area! The landlord is willing to put in a play yard in the back with an 8ft privacy fence and pull up some of the asphalt, but he'll want a long lease term in return. Am going to do some research on "urban preschools" to see how they make their spaces work for outdoor area.
I've mentioned that a 5 year lease makes me nervous--I'd feel better about a 3 year lease, but if he's going to pull up asphalt and move walls, 5 years is understandable. Gonna crunch numbers to see if its viable, and to make sure I can do this for the long haul, and hope to have something moving on this pronto.
Eeeee...!! =)
3.22.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ah!! Just hang in there!! Is that in the Allendale area? I love that area.
Yeppers, it's in the north part of Allendale. Whole new world opened up for us looking in a new zip code. :)
Soooo excited for you! Can't wait to hear the outcome and see pictures. :) Hugs from LU.....she talks about you. :)
Andrea, where is this property located?
NEVERMIND! I just read you comment! sorry!
Post a Comment