1.09.2009

King Winter, Broccoli, Facepaint, and a new addition!

We have a new friend who joined the Casa T. family this week.
Meet Che!

IMG_0551

Che did a beautiful job of transitioning to the Casa this week. The children love their new friend!
Che collage

Yoga this week
Listening to the chime and preparing...

IMG_0515

Check out Lulu's bridge pose. She has it mastered.
Yoga collage

Che was very excited about Yoga!
IMG_0523

Art
We concluded our extensive Black and White Art Exploration this week. I will have the awesome art and journaling displayed shortly!


IMG_0578

More observations on shadow while in the sandbox this week.
IMG_0548

Singing our Hello Song
IMG_0444
Photo courtesy of Jay. That's my leg on the left side. Odd to actually see me (or part of) in a photo!

Che and Corbin have a tea party.
IMG_0512

Fine Motor/Sensory
Mastering a Botany Puzzle
IMG_0465

Garden
We harvested broccoli.

AND, after we washed it, the children ALL ate some! They were SO excited. Seriously.
Veggie collage

Photobucket

Spanish
We've been doing a lot of singing and practicing with simple speech our numeros (numbers) and colores (colors) in Spanish!

Facepainting
We did some impromptu face painting on Thursday. After the children had their hearts and suns painted on them by me, Sophia drew a crowd to paint hands.

IMG_0633

Here, Corbin is trying to "negotiate" with Sophia.
The conversation went like this:

Sophia: Paint cheek.
Corbin: Don't paint on my cheek...I have a sun.
Sophia: It's Ok. Paint cheek.
Corbin: [Succumbs and allows Sophia to add to his facepainting]


IMG_0638

IMG_0647


Lady Autumn has stepped down from the Nature Table to make room for King Winter. Isn't he lovely?
If you find any "winter" items from nature, please bring them to add to the table.
IMG_0472

All homeschool journals have been sent home this week, please respond and return them next week. I will continue to take in glass jars of various sizes. We will probably be collecting these for a couple months. We are still working hard on the business plan for the offsite program and hopefully, we'll know something in the next few weeks.

6 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

Ohhh I LOVED this post! :)
Welcome Che!!! You're FABULOUS and I totally dig your yoga 'lion'...fierce!
What a not so enthusiastic shot of Mia with the broccoli :)
Could Sophia with the face painting be any cuter!
Great negotiation and awesome look Corbin had :)
King Winter is so elegant and cuddly at the same time. I'm trying to get Mia to eat her yogurt so you can have the jars.
Que mas? Oh, DIG the Spanish!

Melissa said...

Hooray for Che!
Gwen was wild about her heart - very proud to show it to Daddy when he came home.
That's such fun with the broccoli. Gwen loves the kale from our garden - I'm sure the fact that she helps harvest it has something to do with that!

Melanie said...

My favorite shot is of Sophia painting Corbin!

Gale Brown said...

oh my. What a darling post! Umm...I've been very obsessively checking the blog for updates! I can't believe Che's lion pose! WOW!

I laughed out loud when I read Sophia and Corbins discussion. hysterical.

We love the Casa T!

Lisa Summers said...

Welcome Che!! What great pictures!
Love my sweet girl and her crazy hair. :)
The ones of Sophia painting are preicious!!!! Love them!!

gingeronni said...

too cute. Love the sophia and corbin conversation. He did tell me that sophia painted his face and he did not want to wash it off that night -- had to show dada.

Broccoli - you really got him to eat broccoli? WOW - amazing.

SO excited about Che joining us.

re: yoga -- so i have to ask about the "princess pose". Corbin loves that pose and does it all the time at home.... it looks like a girl squating in the woods trying to pee??? I need to find out what that pose is all about. It cracks me up everytime he does it.