1.13.2009

The Search Continues...

Ok, Friends, I need help with some searching.

After much soul searching on my end, we realized that the commercial property on 620 is not going to work. It’s price prohibitive based on my school’s philosophy because I would need to go from my small group of children to 40 children at once to be profitable. That is a HUGE jump with all the factors involved, and it would be hard and incredibly stressful. If I could start with 12-18 enrollment and hire a couple teachers, then slowly expand each year, that would be ideal, however, it's not an option at that location with the monthly rent requirement. I've just come to the realization that my program would be best run out of a converted home, so we can continue to garden and do culinary activities. Today, we decided to pursue the house we previously looked at, and come to find out, it’s been sold. After being on the market for 100+ days, we wait 2 weeks after viewing it, and it’s sold.

*Le sigh*

The area this house was in was the Shenandoah neighborhood next to my subdivision. It's an older neighborhood with homes on large pieces of land and with no HOA. I suppose we can get a realtor involved, but if you guys happen to see anything while driving around or online, please let me know.

5 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

Oh Andrea, I'm so sorry. I know how much of an effort you're putting into your new school, and how hard of a time you're having finding the place.

It will happen.

Lisa Summers said...

I know it's disappointing, but remember that good things come to those that wait!

Waiting is the hardest part!

We love you!!

Melissa said...

What a disappointment. But I believe this is what you're meant to do, and that things will align in good time.

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

gingeronni said...

bummer. it was just not meant to be. Going from 6 kids to 40 sounds terrifying to me!!!!

If i hear of anything, will let you know.

Melanie said...

Was it the house on Great Valley? I happened upon it a couple of weeks ago but kept forgetting to tell you about it. I know how frustrating this process of finding the right place is, the right place will come to you at the right time.