2.26.2010

story boards and a plan for next week (krista)

This week, we continued our work with story boards. Almost everyone has asked to dictate and illustrate a story....some friends have created 4 or 5 story boards.

Alaira has been particularly interested in the process and today, she decided that her story should have a title. She also chose to tell a story about two characters, instead of one central character.

Sophia and Alaira collaborated on a story board today, as well. It was important to the girls that both of their names were credited. I really enjoyed watching them work together in such a respectful way on this creative process.

The children now proudly refer to themselves as authors and illustrators ;).

Looking ahead:
We're going to make paper next week, with the goal of producing enough paper for each friend to make their own book. I've got a paper-making frame and some complicated directions for using it...does anyone have suggestions or a simple guide to making paper? I'm going to look around at crafty blogs this weekend, as well.

Overheard at the lunch table:
Allie: I just cover up my vegetables so I don't have to taste them.
Jalie: You can also try pinching your nose...that really works, too.

Happy Weekend, Happy Sunshine!
xo

3 comments:

Nicola said...

OMG, I am DYING with laughter over Allie and Jalie's veggie comments!

If you find good paper making info, I'd love to know! I wanted to make seeded paper for Jalie's bday invites last year, but got very overwhelmed once I saw what was involved. :-|

iMother2.0 said...

LOL! LOVE the vegetable talk!

i made paper in art school. it was difficult, and i wasn't too pleased with the results. if you find an easier way, yes, please let us know ;)

everything about the storyboards has made me smile...the ownership to the silliness. i think mia and i will go make one while lily is still napping :)

happiness right back atcha!

ckessel01 said...

I can tell you all have been working on stories. For the first time in 3.75 years, Allie told ME a bedtime story the other night. She'd always told me before that she "couldn't" tell me a story or didn't know how. I was amazed at how easily her story about a gorilla came spilling out of her little creative mind! Thanks for working on this - early literacy at its best at Terra Luz!

PS - Allie has finally discovered eating veggies! Of course, we have to 'cover' them with rice, but hey, it works!! Maybe Jalie can fill her in on even more techniques!! :)