We gathered together in the music/nap room for our morning gathering, where we sang our good morning song, the Chocolate song (which makes me really want some mexican hot chocolate) and Ms. Andrea shared, The Wheels on the Bus, as we sang along and did the corresponding hand movements. After the music, we practiced yoga. Today, we did both versions of lion pose, washing machine pose, cat and cow, downward dog, downward dog goes potty and elevator breathing. Jalie chose to observe, insted of participating, and then, later, she said, "tomorrow, I think I'll try some yoga with you. Maybe I can show you my yoga poses".
After snack, my group moved into the classroom to play. The blocks were very popular today. Damon built a train station. Sophia built an elaborate structure. When I asked her about it, she said, "I'm building a bridge to some stairs. The family goes up the stairs". Jalie told me that her structure was a park, and then pointed to one of the blocks and said, "here is the roof so you don't get too sunny". Zaidan explored the new flower and butterfly gels on the light table, while Corbin was very drawn to the metal shapes and insets (Montessori-based materials). Corbin and I had a nice discussion about the names of the different shapes. He was particulary interested in counting how many sides each shape had. He held up a square and asked, is this a triangle? I asked how many sides the shape had. He counted, " ...one, two, three, four...this shape has four sides". I asked, "So is it a triangle?" He answered, "No, it's not, it has too many sides". The rest of our day was filled with creative expression (napkin exploration), and outside play.
It feels like we're really falling into a nice rhythm.
8.12.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
uuuh, okay, i'm gonna use spell check from now on---my apologies for the typos!
krista - i think corbin was messing with you ... he likes to ask questions that he knows the answer to! :) He will say "mama, is this a banana?" while holding up a strawberry? i just laugh and tell him that i think it is an orange - what do you think it is? he will say nawwwwwwww - it is a strawberry!
Post a Comment