When the teaching guides and I have some down time, they will receive a tutorial on how to post on the blog. For now, I'm posting their story of the day on their behalf.
::
8.10.2009
Our day began in the sandbox. The children happily chatted as they created castles, highways, sand angels, donuts and cupcakes.
During our morning gathering, we discussed who would be in my group for the day and who would be in Ms. Kellyann’s group. After snack, we broke into our small groups. My group worked in the Atelier first. I was happy to see how kind and thoughtful the children were with one another. After spending several minutes cutting construction paper, Damon chose to glue feathers onto a small branch. While working on this project, he said to Corbin, “ I’m doing some art, I’m getting messy.” Corbin and Zaidan both used scissors, paper and colored pencils for their creations. Corbin made a sock and a truck while Zaidan colored a vibrant beach scene. Sophia chose to work with oil pastels. She also spent time exploring the crystals and geodes. Jaile spent her time cutting a very delicate fringe along the border of her paper.
We moved from the Atelier to the classroom, where the Sophia, Damon and Corbin focused on building a very elaborate train station, complete with stop signs, “to stop all the running”, as Damon pointed out. Zaidan worked by himself at the light table for a bit, and then joined Jaile in her exploration of the dramatic play area. Jalie also chose the book, Wiggle Lines, for us to read together before we joined the rest of our friends outside. After lunch, the children spent some time visiting with Corbin’s baby brother, Shepherd, before joining me in the nap room for some breathing relaxation exercises. I also gave each child a special flax seed and lavender-filled eye pillow to help them sleep.
This first day at Terra Luz was truly wonderful. I loved spending time with the children, and feel so grateful for the opportunity!
See you tomorrow!
8.11.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for keeping us in touch with the children with these wonderful notes!
Thank you for keeping us updated on their daily activities! I can never tell what Damon did at school because he always seems to have some crazy made up story. Now I can know what actually did.
Oh Krista, thank you for adding to the amazing photos and snippits that Andrea so lovingly posts.
How wonder full it is to know our children through the eyes of their care givers. Thank you Andrea, Krista and Kelly Ann for all you do!
Post a Comment