8.13.2009
Manners [Andrea and Kellyann's group]
From Kellyann~
::
When I arrived at school, Ava was in the kitchen missing her mommy. I was sad to see that she was upset, so I asked her if she would like me to read her a story in the nap room. She went over to the books and brought me the book on manners. I could tell that Ava was really enjoying the book as we laid there reading it, so we also went over many scenerios on how to react to and prevent bad manners. It was nice to spend some one on one time with Ava.
Then the day began as the other children joined us in the nap room for our morning gathering. The children enjoyed singing buenos dias, and were excited to sing along with the wheels on the bus book. Krista did some yoga with the children, then we were off in our groups to start the day.
Alaira, Ava , and Anika started out in the classroom. Alaira really enjoys pretending to be a princess; she loves wearing the princess hat and twirling around. :) To my suprise, Ava asked if I would read her the manners book to her again; this time with the other girls. As I read the book, Ava would say to Anika and Alaira "If someone has a toy you want to play with, you can say 'can I please have that when you are done?' " She was really excited to give the examples as I read the book. :)
Next, our group moved into the art room to continue our exploration with the napkins. Anika enjoyed getting out the materials for all the other children when we were in the artroom. It was Alaira's first exposure to this new exploration, and with little instruction she began to tear and crunch up little pieces and glue them on the black piece of paper she had chosen. "This is for my daddy" she said. When she finished, she decided to practice drawing mermaids on a black sheet of paper with her white pencil.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment