Jalie building with the blocks: "Hey look! It's a park, and here's the ramp for the candy-happed people!"
Zaidan, building the pink tower: "I building a BIG tower!"
Corbin, observing me as I used the little sweeper to clean grass off of his feet: "I really love the way you clean the grass off of my feet Ms. Krista!"
Ava, helping two friends share: "Say, no thank you, i don't want it please."
Sophia, finger painting in the Atelier: "I made the ABCs!"
Alaira: "I'm having fun with Sophia!"
Gwen, using a sponge to clean the plant leaves: "I'm really taking good care of this plant so it will grow and grow."
Eddie, surveying the playground: "Oh, this is MY school!"
Mia Stern: "When I grow up, I'm going to chew gum and turn into my daddy."
Key Phrases:
We are encouraging the children to use kind words and phrases when they interact with each other. Here are a few of our favorites:
- When a child is frustrated, it has been helpful to give a gentle reminder to, "use your words"
- When asking for the children's focus, we generally say, "Please listen to my good words"
- "I'm using this" sounds warmer than "that's mine"
- We use "gentle touches" with our friends.
- And of course, "No thank you" and "Yes, please"
- When a child needs to be alone, we encourage using the phrase, " I need space"
Nap Room Reading:
The Tortoise and the Hare
Three Little Pigs
Rapunzel
The Little Red Shoes
The Little Match Girl
Yoga Practice:
Last week, we practiced:
cat/cow pose, lion pose, flapping flamingo, house pose, star and falling star pose, camel pose, windshield wiper pose, gorilla breathing, bee buzzing breath, forest pose, butterfly, warrior I and II, surfer pose, child's pose, silly to calm pose, helicopter breathing, rag doll flop pose, lemonade sipping pose, sandwich pose, mouse pose, monkey pose, frog pose, flower pose and gate pose.
5 comments:
Gwen was talking about using her good words the other day, and I just had this feeling that Ms. Krista might have had something to do with that. :)
And I LOVE all the yoga! She practices constantly, sometimes without me even realizing it until she tells me what poses she's doing.
The Jalie quote has me in stitches! I passed that along to my mom, who uses a walker and sometimes a wheelchair...
thank you for the 'I need space'...I've been needing some space lately and this helps me ask for it :)
i hope you know you help us parents, too!
you just made me smile... thanks for sharing. Mia and her daddy have a very special bond.
:)
I second the yoga comment... mia LOVES showing me "famingo" pose.
I think corbin is making up poses all the time, last night he taught me the ambulance pose!
Post a Comment