10.10.2009

Muchas Gracias!

Our Parent Evening with Carrie was a huge success! The food was delicious, the company was fabulous, and the wine, hit the spot. :)

I would like to thank our families for being a part of this event, as we all felt it was a great start to community building, and Carrie's focus on Emotional Development left us with so much to think about when it comes to the minds of our little friends. There was something so heartwarming as I sat among the circle of moms, dads (and even a couple grandmothers). When parents were introducing themselves, at one point, I had to fight back tears. Of happiness, of course.

IMG_3510-3

We hope you enjoyed viewing the 4 exhibits of the children's work (Herb Compositions, Encounters with Clay, Transparency and Texture Panel, and the Black and White Explorations). This is just the beginning, as the children continue to demonstrate to us their expressive languages.

We would love to have another parent evening before the holidays to enjoy some more food, company, and view more of the children's work which continues to unfold.


Photo courtesy of Chris Allen

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you for such a wonderful night. It was so lovely to see so many parents, and especially to meet some of the parents of Gwen's dear friends.

I too had to fight back tears, listening to some of Carrie's words that I had so needed to hear.

Thanks, Mama T. :)

anja said...

=((( missed out i'm glad to know there will be another one soon.

iMother2.0 said...

it was so special...and fun with all the chat and food. as always...LOVE Carrie's golden nuggets. ohhhh all the sweet babies! super fab night! we're ready to do it again :)

ckessel01 said...

Ack! Next time, you must make it a different night. Thursdays are impossible for us. Can I come in early one morning and see Allie's creations?!