Terra Luz has blessed with diversity and what better way to embrace it than with celebration. For one of our families, the month of October brings Diwali, also knows as the Festival of Lights in India. Anika's family will join us on Thursday, October 15th with some edible authentic yummies, music, and a light-making craft.
I know some of the children have an indian outfit so feel free to send your child to school in it that day (with a change of clothing as I would hate for them to get dirty) . If your child is not in scheduled attendance on Thursdays, you're welcome to come for the celebration.
If any other families wish to share part of their culture and heritage with us, please do so! That is, after all, how we bring about global mindedness.
9 comments:
How wonderful! Mia will be wearing her outfit...is this just for the children, or will parents be staying?
I'm Irish and 'hispanic'...Mia's also Austrian...and would LOVE to participate in some global mindedness.
Oh that will be so fun!!! Thank you Anika!!
i'm so excited and grateful for the ooportunity for Anika to share her heritage with her friends at school! I would love for her to be exposed to other cultural things as well.
opportunity..sigh
Wonderful!! Ava has no outfit but I'm sure she will dress up.:-)
How exciting! I'll see what we can piece together for some kind of outfit, even if it's a shawl/fabric. I'll talk to my mom about doing something South African for the class some day...
What time is this happening at? Me and Z are supposed to drive out Thursday...but this would be so fun! If it's early we may come :-)
Post a Comment